The below is verbiage we recommend sending to all vendors/factories which we will be engaging for the first time:
You may modify this to fit your particular situation or use it as-is. In particular, depending on your relationship with the vendor/factory, you may want to delete or modify the sections that state who is responsible for the cost of late/rush or other booking fees, and for the costs of re-inspections in case of a FAIL result. In any case, you must send an introduction to the factory/vendor with InTouch in copy in order for us to get started.
This message is to let you know that we will be working with 3rd party QC firm InTouch Services to perform auditing and/or product inspection and testing services on our behalf. This process will allow us both to rest assured that the product quality meets our standards and will help us ensure you as our long-term partner. There are some things which you should be aware of in regard to these QC services:
- InTouch has a set of booking rules which they will send to your shortly. We require that you adhere to these rules. Late/Rush bookings and cancellations, and bookings on weekends/holidays may incur extra charges which will in all cases be billed back to you.
- A representative from InTouch will be contacting you within the next 48 hours to follow-up on the above points. InTouch’s Code of Ethics will be sent to you to review prior to scheduling any services. After the inspection is complete, you will be asked to sign InTouch’s Factory Inspection Acknowledgement detailing the service results, as well as InTouch’s Factory Integrity Declaration Form which prohibits any improper benefits from being offered to InTouch staff.
Applicable to Product Inspections, Production Monitoring and Other Services:
- We will pay the costs of all 1st inspections. However, if due to your unpreparedness or poor product quality the inspection results in a FAIL rating, all re-inspection costs will be billed back to you. For more information on the QC standards by which the product will be inspected, please feel free to contact either InTouch or myself.
- All goods should be 100% completed and packed in order for inspection. In certain cases, you may request an exception to this rule. In such cases, please contact me directly for approval.
- For services within Mainland China, InTouch generally issues an official report within 6 hours of completing the service. For services outside of Mainland China, InTouch generally issues an official report the next business day. We expect to review the findings presented in the report prior to your shipment of any goods in question. Should you require advance notification from us related to how you may proceed based on a PASS, PENDING, or FAIL inspection rating, please contact us at least 3 working days prior to the inspection with this request. If you have not been advised how to proceed based on the results of an inspection by InTouch, please do NOT ship the goods without first receiving explicit authorization from me.
Applicable to Supplier Reviews, Factory Audits, and Any Service that Requires Factory Access:
- InTouch will be performing a service on our behalf that requires they have significant access to your facility, including the production, design, and storage areas that are related to the product we may be contracting you to produce. Please provide InTouch auditors access to these areas, provide them all necessary information, and allow them to photograph all related facilities. If you have any issue with this, please advise us ASAP, and at least 3 days prior to this service being performed at your facility.