Electric bicycles are fast becoming an environment-friendly alternative form of transportation throughout the world. There is an estimated of more than 120 million electric bicycles running in the streets of China today. Electric bicycles sales in India, the United States of America, and European countries are also growing significantly. With recent developments in battery technology, it is expected that electric bicycles will become even more popular in every corner of the world.
InTouch has a team of professional inspectors dedicated to the inspection of electric bicycles. When creating a checklist or electric bicycle inspection procedures, here are some of the standards/concepts that we keep in mind:
Electric Bicycle Inspection and Quality Control Standards in China
To protect the public and improve quality of electric bicycles produced in China, the Chinese Government commissioned the following electric bicycle inspection and quality control standards:
- QB/T 2946-2008 Motor and controller used for electric bicycles
- GB/T 18488.2-2006 Motor and controller used for electric bicycles test methods
- JB/T 10888-2008 specification for motors used for electric-bicycles
The following standards deal with the safety, quality, and performance requirements of the different batteries, chargers, and power sources used in electric bicycles.
- QB/T 2947.1-2008 Electric bicycles-cell or battery and chargers
- QB/T 2947.2-2008 Electric bicycles-cell or battery and chargers
- QB/T 2947.3-2008 Electric bicycles-cell or battery and chargers
- GBT 23646-2009 Fuel cell power system for electric bicycles-Technical specification
These standards provide the general technical and safety requirements for electric bicycles to be used in public roads.
- GB 17761-1999 General technical specifications
- GB 3565-2005 Safety standards for electric bicycles
- SN/T 0248.1-2007 Specifications for electric bicycle inspections for import and export
Electric Bicycle Inspection and Quality Control Standards for European Markets
- ONORM EN 15194:2009
- BS EN 15194:2009
- DIN EN 15194:2009
- DS/EN 15194:2009
- DS/EN 50272-3
Electric Bicycle Inspection and Quality Control Standards in Asia
Along with the Chinese electric bicycle standards, the following standards from the Japanese Standards Association are used widely in the Asian market.
- JIS D 9207:2000
- JIS D 9115:2009
Electric Bicycle Inspection and Quality Control Standards in North America
The following standards are used in the United States and Canada along with the different standards developed by the ISO for electric bicycles:
- IEC 62485-3 Ed. 1.0 b:2010
- UL 2271.