Industrial steel plates are most commonly used in the construction of commercial and industrial establishments, furnaces and ship hulls.There are various types of industrial plates which include:
- Cast Iron Plates
- Stainless Steel Plates
- Nickel Alloy Steel Plates
- Steel Plates
- Inconel Plates
- Nickel Plates
- Hastelloy Plates
- Titanium Plates
- Chequered Plates
Industrial Plate Inspection Protocols
- Inspect the quality of the raw material and inspect raw material certificates
- The production processes such as the forming, forging and heat treatment of the industrial plates are subjected to destructive inspection tests.
- Heat treatment tests are performed on industrial plate fittings to ensure they conform to International Standards.
- Inspect to ensure each industrial plate conforms to the manufacturing templates for dimensional accuracy.
- Inspect the industrial plates weight for compliance to manufacturing specifications
- Check the thickness of the critical parts of your product for any sign of deviation to design.
- Check for any visual sign of defect incurred during production such as bumps, depressions, chipping, and cracks
- Inspect to ensure markings with size, specification and manufacturer stamp are correctly
Some of the international standards considered with reference to industrial plates and quality control protocols include:
Alloy Steel Plates
The ASTM SA 537 standard covers alloy steel plates design specifications for welded boilers and pressure vessels designed for elevated temperature service.
Carbon Steel Plates
The ASTM A537 / A537M - 08 standard describes the specification for heat-treated carbon steel plates specifically designed for fusion welded pressure vessels and structures.
Stainless Steel Plates
The ASTM A240 standard describes the design specifications for stainless steel plates, intended for pressure vessels and for general applications.
The ASTM B265 - 11 covers the design specifications for titanium plate. This specification is intended for titanium plates used in industrial settings.