Office chairs and office chair inspection and quality control testing have been produced in China since 1982 when a furniture enterprise in Anji and Shanghai Tongji University, Beijing University and other Universities developed the first swivel chair with five casters in and became the first office chair company in China. Anji's office chair has appeared in every corner of the world.
In addition to the traditional office chair there are available new designs of ergonomic chairs available in China which provides the same support and promotion of posture. They can take some getting used to but with time becomes second nature, they are particularly of benefit to those individuals who suffer with lower back pain or similar.
A quality controlled ergonomic office chair should possess the following:
- Seat Height (Pneumatic Adjustment Lever)
- Seat Width and Depth
- Lumbar Support (Lumbar adjustment for both height and depth)
- Backrest (Adjustable and Locking mechanism)
- Seat Material – Enough padding to be comfortable a fabric that breathes
- Armrests (Adjustable)
A good ergonomic office chair, as defined by the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), "provides necessary support to the back, legs, buttocks, and arms, while reducing exposures to awkward postures, contact stress, and forceful exertions."
Office chair components should comply with many international authority augmentations of the seat industry, including EEC EN1335, US ANSI/BIFMA5.1 etc., thus effectively guaranteeing the quality of the products.
Elements of the testing and inspection process include checks performed on:
- Backrest Strength – Test Static - Functional and Proof Load
- Base Test – Static
- Drop Test – Dynamic – Functional and Proof Load
- Swivel Test – Cyclic
- Tilt Mechanism – Test Cyclic
- Seating Durability Cyclic Impact Test
- Seating Durability Cyclic Corner Load Ease Test
- Stability Test Rear and Front Stability
- Arm Strength Test Vertical Static - Functional and Proof Load
- Arm Strength Test Horizontal Static - Functional and Proof Load
- Back Durability Test – Cyclic Type 1 and 2
- Caster/Chair base Durability Test Cyclic (Pedestal Base Chairs and Chairs with Legs)
- Leg Strength Test – Front Load Test – Functional and Proof Load
- Leg Strength Test Front and Side Load Test - Functional and Proof Load
- Footrest Durability Test
- Arm Durability Test cyclic
- Out Stop Tests for Chairs with Manually Adjustable Seat Depth
- Tablet Arm Static Load Test
- Tablet Arm Load Ease Test cyclic
- Gas Cylinder
- All the parts for self-assembly – tools, screws, buts, bolts and instructions
Let InTouch Quality's experienced staff create a office chair inspection procedure for you.