The Ferry to Shenzhen from Hong Kong
If you’re not vulnerable to seasickness and don’t mind a trip aboard a ferry boat, you may consider taking the ferry boat from Skypier in the Hong Kong airport. This is only recommended if your destination is in Shekou at Nanshan District or in Bao’an District.
You can take the ferry to one of two destinations in Shenzhen. There is a route to Shekou Terminal (at Shekou Port) and a route to Fuyong Terminal (connected to Shenzhen Bao’an Airport). A ferry to Shenzhen Shekou Port leaves every hour between 9:00 am to 9:20 pm for about a 30-minute trip. Ferries run to Shenzhen airport roughly every hour between 10:00 am and 8:00 pm and the trip takes about 40 minutes (click here to view the complete schedule).
|To Shekou Port|
|Economy Class||Economy Class (Child)|
|220 HKD||120 HKD|
|To Shenzhen Airport|
|Class||Super Class||Economy Class|
|Adult||395 HKD||295 HKD|
|Child (age 2-12)||300 HKD||225 HKD|
|Child (>2 years old)||205 HKD||155 HKD|
Tips for Taking the Ferry to Shenzhen from Hong Kong
If you’re planning to take the ferry to Shenzhen from Hong Kong, stay ahead of the game with the following tips in mind:
- After arriving and exiting the gate, follow the signs to the Transfers Area E2 or “Ferries to Mainland”. At the Transfers Area E2, you will see counters to purchase ferry tickets. The company that operates ferries to Shenzhen is called CKS.
- When you buy your ticket, make sure you give the staff your airline baggage tags. They will collect your baggage and place them onboard for you.
- Once arriving at the terminal in Shenzhen, you will have to take a taxi onward to your hotel or other destination.
Note that you will have to purchase your ticket 60 minutes before the departure of the ferry.
Other Ferry Routes
Aside from taking the ferry to Shenzhen from Hong Kong, you can also take the ferry from Skypier to these other destinations:
- Taiping Port in Humen, Dongguan
- Zhongshan Port in Zhongshan
- Jiuzhou Port in Zhuhai
- Hong Kong-Macau Ferry Pier in Macau
- Taipa Temporary Ferry Terminal in Taipa, Macau
- Macau International Airport in Taipa, Macau (opening soon)